Monday, June 9, 2008

Back from Rwanda

I just got back in to Mbarara from a trip I took with some friends. This marks my half-way point so we took a quick trip to Kigali and then to the volcanoes and we also met the Batwa Tribe in Southwest Uganda. They are known because they are the shortest people in the world (avg height of about 4 feet) and because they killed Diane Fossey in the 80's. They lived in the same area as the Gorilla's until they were kicked out of their homes to make way for habitats for the Gorillas. NOw they are homeless and spread out, and they recieve little help from anyone. Its a tragic story. We went and took a few Bibles to them and encouraged them. They are Christians, and need your prayers. I hope to be able to help them more in the future, though right now I'm kind of limited in what I can do.

Times are hard here, though. I am missing everyone and feel like I'm missing out on a lot that's happening at home. Please be praying for me. It's hard, sometimes, to admit that we need help from others, but I need prayers and communication with people. I'm praying that I stay strong to do God's work while I am here. Thanks and love you all...also read Psalm 66. I'll explain more on it next time...

No comments: